Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Luminaria Arts Festival

I attended the third annual Luminaria Arts night held in downtown San Antonio this past Friday. It was the first time I've been in a large crowd since moving here (almost 200,000 people attended last year) and parking was a painful ordeal. Other than that, it was really nice - the buildings are lit up via projectors and laser lights, there's all kinds of live music (samba, symphony, jazz, rock) and other random performers, food/bev vendors, along with a convention center-turned-gallery displaying countless artists' works.

This is the best me and my old camera could do:

HyperBubble, my new favorite San Antonio band (although I might have been seduced by the giant simulated-TV stage set):
hear lo-fi blips and hilarious lyrics here: http://www.myspace.com/hyperbubble

And a piece of art that caught my eye:

No comments:

Post a Comment