Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oxnard, CA


My current job is in Oxnard, CA (a.k.a., "the 'Nard"). It's in Ventura county, along the coast, about 1 hour north of Los Angeles. Apparently the city is looking into changing the name, no joke. I am renting a room out of a decent-sized house from a really cool couple who have a little baby and a pug. They rent out a total of 3 rooms downstairs, and I still haven't met the other renters. The neighborhood is Oxnard Shores, a very pretty, beachy part of town with a lot of vacation houses/rentals. There's a nice view of the Channel Islands, and a couple miles down the road there's a harbor with a lot of boats and (from what I hear) restaurants, etc. The rest of the town is not nearly as pretty and I don't think there's much going on downtown. Of course I've only been here a few weeks. Here are some pics in and around my neighborhood, taken Dec 24:

Oxnard Shores
Pacific Ocean
Oxnard Beach Park

Christmas in Southern California - the reindeer are made of palm tree bark!

1 comment: