Sunday, December 13, 2009

Over 75,000 square feet of grocery goodness!!!

Central Market: the greatest supermarket on the planet!



I was so worried that I was too spoiled by all the amazing food in NYC to survive living anywhere else. Imagine my delight when I stumbled onto this grocery store my first week in town - it's better than Whole Foods and Trader Joe's combined! I took some pics this weekend - I wanted to take more but I was a little embarrassed.


This guy was playing guitar in the sit-down section of the store Saturday evening.

Look how big the wine section is! I couldn't even fit it all into one picture!


Miles of barbecue sauce!


One guy actually stopped in his tracks in order to let me take my shot of the salts, which I just couldn't pass up, as crazy as I might have looked. 40 varieties of salt on tap!!!

I just found out by looking Central Market up on Wikipedia that it has a culinary school with cooking and wine classes. I'm so checking that out.

1 comment: