Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Karaoke in San Antonio

My roommate and I walked in to this mega-smokey pub near where we live that has Karaoke on Friday nights to find a young Asian man with shaggy hair singing a country song!! Asian! (I contained myself from taking his picture). After him, the night was pretty typical with folks singing a mix of pop and rock favorites and a few boring ballads or country songs mixed in. I did the Carrie Underwood song "Next Time that He Cheats," which I figured was appropriate, and then an old crowd pleaser, "Just a Girl." I was a hit.














me, Valerie, her friend Anthony














Then, to my surprise, a young black dude, who was there by himself apparently, gets up and says his own original rhymes over top of Radiohead's "Creep." It was by far one of the most quality performances I've ever witnessed. South Texas - who knew?







Black dude

No comments:

Post a Comment