Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Texas Professionalism

I went car shopping today. I went to 3 dealerships and the only scumbaggery I encountered was at the Volvo dealer. It's a lot of fun test driving cars. I love telling the sales guy as he gets into the passenger seat of the car that I haven't driven for 10 years!

So the Ford dealership guy was my favorite. He was fumbling around and unsure of how to answer several questions, a super nice guy in his 60's with a little gray moustache. He has a big picture in his office of himself in a cowboy hat standing between his grown kids in some field (think a thinner "Gus Witherspoon"). At one point Tommy Guy Cude (his real name) offers to get the keys to a second car that I want to look at. I tell him I don't want to trouble him and he replies, "now you know better'n that." I think that translates loosely into "no problem."

The car I bought:

No comments:

Post a Comment