Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Costa Rica day 2

There are roosters living down the hill from us and they like to crow frequently throughout the morning, starting around 4 am I believe. By the end of the week I will have considered committing roostercide but am too chicken (wokka wokka).

Rice and beans for breakfast at Soda Sensorita (sp?) washed down with a banana shake, yum. The 2 ATM machines in town are not working and it's Sunday, which means nobody is in any hurry to get anything done. People needing cash will be SOL until Monday.

Head to the beach and like a dumb white tourist, I got a bit sun burnt my first day in the Central American sun. I will spend the rest of the trip hiding from the sun and later be forced to endure numerous comments about my lack of tan upon return (although I am tan "for me"). Swimming in the waves is a lot of fun.



Renee and I on the balcony at the house: The view from the house:
That night we ate at Mila Repa, the restaurant that will host the after-wedding dinner. Everyone loves the Japanese inspired fare. It rains really hard that night during dinner but that would be the only time, I think. And it turns out rain is helpful in keeping the dust from kicking up into everyone's face along the dirt roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment