Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Costa Rica day 3 (continued)

Then Renee and I rent bicycles. I impress Renee with my Spanish skills when speaking to the bike renter guy, only because she has no idea that what I'm saying is completely lacking in syntactical and grammatical accuracy.



We ride the bikes (which have no handle brakes, thank you very much) back to the house, and push them up the mountain we live atop. Everyone is driving ATVs or bicycles or walking (often carrying surf boards). Often you'll see people on 4-wheelers or bikes with scarves wrapped around their faces and sunglasses on to protect their faces from the dirt/dust from the road. Hitchhiking is also common. PS if you like tan chics who drive 4-wheelers, Costa Rica is your spot.

That evening we all go out for a drink. We walk to Il Tomate, a low key Italian place. I get white wine and a monster piece of chocolate souffle - SO good.



Note the sunburn on my chest.

On our walk home, we are accompanied by one of the many dogs that wander freely around the peninsula. We learn that most of the dogs have owners, which would explain why they are very friendly and well-kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment