Sunday, January 31, 2010

Costa Rica - Montezuma and Tortuga Island

Saturday, January 2, 2010. The group decided to go on a snorkel boat tour, leaving from Montezuma to Tortuga Island. I had Dramamine for breakfast and hid from the relentless sun with Renee and the Germans. The waters were gorgeous, the boat ride choppy, and there were at least a few schools of fish hospitable to our visit.
Renee in Montezuma
Another boat on our tour
Me and Marie
Marcus and Renee
We snorkeled around rocks.

After snorkeling, we had lunch on Tortuga Island - grilled fresh fish or chicken with rice, potatoes and beer or water. I joined in on a beach volleyball game .. the team seemed to like my consistent serve.
Ben and Renee
Marcus, Marie and Laurie
Island wildlife (boar?)resting in the gift shop. I petted him later - he was covered in stiff bristles.

We returned to Montezuma and had dinner at a recommended restaurant, Playa las Artistas. The group was overall disappointed in their food but I loved my pinto bean and seared tuna salad, and we all loved the fresh basil or strawberry caipirinhas.

No comments:

Post a Comment