Monday, January 11, 2010

Costa Rica day 5

Went to The Bakery for breakfast - wore my new shirt bought the day before and within 10 minutes, the American waitress spills a 12 (?) oz cup of orange juice on me. Fortunately I am able to dry off in the sun, and the bread basket I ordered (croissants, toast, jellies, etc plus eggs) was worth the discomfort. Renee and Ben have to do one last wedding preparation, so Laurie and I walk around the beach and eventually return to the pizza bar for a couple of late morning drinks.

The ultra sugary, creamy coco loco provides an hour or so of nausea and regret, but I recover in time for ZIP-LINING with Renee - definitely a highlight of the trip!

The image above shows Renee on the training line. I did not take my camera with me up to the actual zip lines but Renee did .. so TBC.

If you aren't familiar with this activity, here is a picture of a zip-line from Google images which may or may not be a lot scarier than the ones we did:

SO FUN.

Later that evening, Ben's BFF Marcus and his girlfriend arrive and the group of us head to Vista de' Olas for BBQ and a night swim in the "endless pool." A nice couple (girl from Long Island, guy from Spain) we met zip lining is staying at this hotel so we get to hang with them some more too. It's dark so I don't take pics but this is another pic courtesy of Google image of an endless pool:

No comments:

Post a Comment