Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Costa Rica - day 6: Renee's wedding!

Start the day with massages at Tropico Latino, a beach-front hotel with a restaurant, pool, yoga, etc. It's gorgeous there!



Then we go to brunch at Burger Rancho, although Renee is a little too tense to eat her pile of yogurt-granola-tropical fruit. I have the best veggie burger of my life (eggplant) and our waitress is a hilarious Argentinian who, upon hearing that it's Renee's wedding day, shouts "Shut the fuck up !"


Renee is freakishly calm as she gets ready. All goes well, Laurie puts a nice twist in Renee's hair and she is actually ready before Ben !

Right before we leave the house, I'm alone with my BFF and burst into uncontrollable girl tears. It turns out I'm not a total robot!

We head to the location where the wedding will be and everything goes smoothly. A short, sweet and sunny ceremony on the beach, followed by champagne and a crazy beautiful sunset.




No comments:

Post a Comment